Retailers and merchants process virtual cards the same way they process all MasterCard transactions.
The virtual card number and information is processed at checkout where the merchant sees and potentially saves the virtual card information on file.
Since you are using a virtual card, the online merchant will not see your personal credit/debit card or Funding Source information, they will only see the virtual card information.
The high-level steps:
- Enter the details of the virtual card on an online store when making a purchase.
- The merchant charges the virtual card.
- The Sudo Platform passes this charge onto your personal credit card (funding source) along with a small service fee.
- In the event the charge to your personal credit card fails (no funds, expired, etc), the purchase will be declined
- The merchant never has access to or sees your personal credit card information, only the virtual card.
Article is closed for comments.