Welcome to the world of MySudo virtual cards!
One of the critical components to privacy is the ability to protect your personal credit and debit card details from hackers, trackers, and bad actors. We’re excited to introduce MySudo virtual cards, which allows you to create virtual cards that can be used to purchase at merchants and retailers who take credit or debit cards as a form of payment.
MySudo virtual cards can be used to safely and securely make purchases at merchants using the card's details (i.e. 16 digit card number, expiration date, and CVV) instead of using your real personal credit card, thus keeping your credit details safe and secure.
How does it work?
- Register your personal credit card (funding source) with MySudo.
- Your personal credit card will be used to fund the transactions on the virtual card.
- Create a MySudo virtual card.
- Enter the details of the virtual card on an online store when making a purchase.
- The merchant charges the virtual card.
- The Sudo Platform passes this charge onto your personal credit card (funding source) along with a small service fee.
- The merchant never has access to or sees your personal credit card information, only the virtual card details.
Why should you use a MySudo virtual card?
To limit the risk of your personal credit card information from being stolen in the event an online merchant is hacked or breached.
Removes the time consuming process of applying for a new credit card in the event your personal credit details have been stolen from an online merchant.
Transaction limits on the virtual card limit the impact of a merchant being breached.
Setup MySudo virtual cards for specific purposes (subscriptions, shopping, tickets, etc) and easily compartmentalize your purchasing.
- You can create and cancel virtual cards from within MySudo in seconds, providing simplicity and convenience.
For peace of mind while shopping online at any US merchant, large or small, privately and in control of your data.
- Keep your purchase history private from your bank and their partners who may sell this valuable information to data brokers and advertisers.
Be sure to check out our other FAQ articles in this section to answer all of your MySudo virtual card questions!