There are two ways to recover a MySudo for Android account:
1. MySudo Import/Export via QR Code Scan
If the old and new phones are in-hand, you can use the import/export via QR Scan Code feature from MySudo Settings to easily transfer/copy your MySudo account from one device to another device.
2. Restore from backup
You must have created a Recovery Password in MySudo Backup settings on your old phone and then performed a backup.
- On the new/same device, once you add your Google Account, your backup data will be restored (provided you previously set a Recovery Password in MySudo and performed a backup as per the above instructions.
- When opening MySudo for the first time, you will be prompted for the Recovery Password you previously set and your MySudo account will be restored.
- Entering your password will unlock your security keys and allow MySudo to access your original account and import your data. Please be patient while your data is loading as this may take minutes...
- Please note: Contacts and Sudo-to-Sudo messages will not be restored.
MySudo uses security keys stored on your device to authenticate you and access your account. Therefore, to access your account, you need a copy of these keys on your new device either by transferring via QR code, or creating a Recovery Password/Backup.
We do not store/have your password to help you restore your account so please retain your password in safekeeping.
Please be aware:
- If you decline to restore your existing Sudo data, MySudo will create a totally new account on your new device and your original account will not be restored.
- If you have forgotten your Recovery Password, due to the security nature of the app, there is no way to recover the account as we do not store your Recovery Password.
- However, if you still have your original MySudo account on another device, don't panic you, you can create/reset your Recovery Password there and perform a backup. Or alternatively transfer your keys to your new device via a simple QR code transfer.
Article is closed for comments.