It is imperative that you create a backup of your MySudo account in order to recover your account in the event you lose your device, it gets damaged, or you get a replacement device.
There are three ways to recover a MySudo for iOS account:
1. iOS Device-to-Device Migration
If the old and new phones are in-hand and using iOS 12.4 or later, iOS Quick Start offers the option of using device-to-device migration. This allows you to transfer all your data wirelessly from your current device to your new one.
- Although your MySudo app is expected to transfer in-full with no additional steps needed, we still recommend creating a Recovery Password and backup in case something happens during the migration process. How do I backup my iOS device?
2. MySudo Import/Export via QR Scan Code
If the old and new phones are in-hand, you can use the import/export via QR Scan Code feature from the MySudo in-app settings to easily transfer/copy your MySudo account from one device to another device.
3. Recovery Password & iCloud/iTunes Backup
Create a Recovery Password in MySudo Backup settings on your old phone and then perform a backup via iCloud or iTunes.
- On your new phone, when you restore from the backup and open MySudo, you will be prompted for the password
MySudo uses security keys stored on your device to authenticate you and access your account. Therefore, to access your account, you need a copy of these keys on your new device either by transferring via QR code, or creating a Recovery Password (backup to iCloud) or encrypted iTunes backup.
Entering your Recovery Password will unlock your security keys and allow MySudo to access your original account and import your data. Please be patient while your data is loading as this may take minutes...
We do not store/have your Recovery Password to help you restore your account so please retain your Recovery Password in safekeeping.
Please be aware:
1. If you decline to restore your existing Sudo data, MySudo will create a totally new account on your new device and your original account will not be restored.
2. If you have forgotten your Recovery Password, due to the security nature of the app, there is no way to recover the account as we do not store your Recovery Password.
-However, if you still have your original MySudo account on another device, don't panic you, you can create/reset your password there and perform a backup. Or alternatively transfer your keys to your new device via a simple QR code transfer.
Article is closed for comments.